Logistics and Lead Event Chef
Job Title: Logistics and Event Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef/ Sous Chef
General Purpose of the Job
- Work as lead Event Chef, directing staff and executing off site events as well as working preparing food at our commissary.
- Prepare production Prep Sheets
- Oversee and execute food for events feeding as many as 1000 guests
- Set up off premise kitchen equipment
- Supervise and Lead Culinary team at Off Premise events
- Assist with food production supervision: ensure quantities are correct, quality is exceptional, and recipes are being followed
- Recipe writing, testing and logging as needed
- Give creative feedback on new menu items, recipes and presentation
- Maintain highest levels of safety, cleanliness and sanitation, following government strict guidelines
- 5 years culinary experience; Catering or banquet experience a must
- Formal Culinary education preferred
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Must speak English, Spanish a plus
- Must be willing to work long hours, nights and weekends
- Other duties as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Supervises 8 to 20 event staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; resolving problems.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and write and follow recipes. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Food Safety Manager Certificate
Logistics and Lead Event Chef continued
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.